Skip the Line: Hermann-Grima Historic House Guided Tour Ticket
A National Historic Landmark, Hermann-Grima Historic House is one of the best-preserved examples of Federal style architecture in the French Quarter. The home has one of the few functional open-hearth kitchens in the state, and we offer cooking demonstrations in the kitchen twice a month on Thursdays from October through May. The house also boasts the only remaining original and intact stable in the French Quarter. Hermann-Grima Historic House is home to The Exchange Shop, our museum gift shop, and member of the National Federation of Woman’s Exchanges.
Visit: Hermann-Grima House, 820 Saint Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70112-3416
Built in 1831 for Samuel Hermann and his family and owned by the Grima family from 1844 to 1921, Hermann-Grima Historic House is a Federal style home with Creole adaptations. Marvelously preserved, this house and adjacent outbuildings transport visitors back in time to learn about this bustling 19th-century home, its wealthy owners, and the enslaved people who worked on the property. The parlors, dining room, bedrooms, and outdoor workspaces are completely furnished with period pieces, including many objects belonging to the original families. From family portraits and kitchen equipment, to Felix Grima’s original book collection and historically-accurate upholstery, a bygone era of New Orleans comes to life at the Hermann-Grima House.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Professional Guide
- Entry/Admission - Hermann-Grima House
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 13 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities