Whitney Plantation Tour with Transportation
This is not just an average ride out to the river road. Your driver/guide will cover a number of attractions along the way as we like to say in Louisiana lagniappe
And for bigger savings we also offer a wide range of combination tours of swamp and plantations together.
Thank you for choosing
Crescent City Tours &
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Whitney Plantation, 5099 Highway 18, Wallace, LA 70049-2803
As we make our way to the Plantation site guests will see such sites as the marsh of Lake Pontchartrain, and an elevated expressway going through the Louisiana swamp. Also see what the Corp of Engineers are doing to prevent the next Hurricane Katrina catastrophe. You will also see such plantations as Evergreen where they film Queen Sugar the new mini series on the OWN and 12 years a slave.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time starts at 8:00 am Please allow 30 minutes for pick up time. We pick up at most New Orleans hotels. Put your hotel or airbnb address in before you check out
- Duration: 5 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Crescent City Tours & Transportation is working hard to provide our staff and customers best quality and experience during these unprecedented times. If you have any concerns that we may not have covered please feel to reach out to us.
Average 4.85 out of 5 stars based on 13 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll always be happy to assist you with any of your future travel plans.
Thanks a lot for booking your tour on Cool New Orleans.
Crescent City Tours, which organized this tour, did a great job on travel to and from the Whitney Plantation in Wallace, La. The ride included lots of local information about the area and quite a few funny stories from owner Brian. The tour price includes the admission to the plantation ($23 per adult) and a tour given by someone who works at the plantation. The 90 minute plantation tour is mostly outside in the sun, so consider that when thinking about what you wear and whether you bring those easily affected by the heat. That being said, if you want to see a plantation, chose this one for the interesting perspective. Our plantation tour guide had a masters in Black Studies and was super knowledgeable about the conditions and hardships the slaves on the plantation faced.
This tour company's transport is in small groups/vans, although at the plantation you may be joined by others from other tours, or people who decide to drive the hour from New Orleans to visit the plantation.
We made terrific time on the way out to the plantation, so Brian (the owner of the company) was able to drive us past the other plantations in the area for photos (including Laura, Oak Alley and St. Joseph's). Depending on the traffic you encounter, I'm not sure you'll get to see all that, so it was definitely a special treat for us. If you'd like to see more than just the Whitney plantation, I think you can book tours with this company where you can definitely see multiple plantations in one day!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: COOL-126578P8
Similar Tours & Activities