Oak Alley Plantation and Large Airboat Swamp Tour from New Orleans
The Oak Alley plantation tour is one of the most magnificent plantation tours near New Orleans because of the 28 evenly spaced, huge Oak Trees that go from the river road to the Plantation House. The Greek Revival home dates back to 1837. Located on the grounds is a restaurant, blacksmith shop, Souvenir Shop and antique farm equipment. Next up is an airboat tour - hold onto your hat! Our New Orleans Airboat Swamp Tour is a high speed adventure that is part tour and part ride. Along the way, you will get a personal tour by your local Captain. Our airboats have stadium seating, so that the person in front of you does not obstruct your view. So, every airboat seat is great for experiencing the tour and viewing the wildlife.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- All entrance fees included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Great River Road, Louisiana
The Oak Alley Plantation is located 70 miles or about 1 hour 10 min from the French Quarter. Travel along Great River Road and marvel at the antebellum mansions.
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
You will spend approximately 2 hours at the plantation. The house tour will be about 35 minutes in length. The Oak Alley plantation house tour is provided by Plantation tour guides. The remainder of your time will be spent with self-exploration of the grounds. If you use your time wisely, you can grab a sandwich at the gift shop for lunch and still have time to walk the grounds. You'll then be brought to the swamp tour dock for your next adventure.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Barataria Preserve, Marrero, LA
On this tour, you will experience the best of both: an informative swamp tour and high speed thrill airboat ride. You will travel at high speeds in the airboat then slow down and stop for pictures. Your Captain will give you a tour of a life time explaining the culture, animals, and the swamps. You may even experience a close encounter with some of the local swamp life. Please note: the order of the combination tours may change based upon availability and weather.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 8 hours (Approx.)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Please indicate New Orleans Hotel and Valid cell phone number)
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Barataria Preserve
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation received at time of booking
- Children Must be at least 48 inches
- Air-boats are not recommended for people with back or neck problems and pregnant women.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- The order of the activities depends on the tour time chosen at checkout. If the 10:45am departure is chosen, the swamp our portion will be first.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Average 4.67 out of 5 stars based on 294 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: C-15200P10
Similar Tours & Activities
Ghost Hunting Tour + French Quarter Supernatural: Ghost, Voodoo + Paranormal
Private New Orleans City Tour with Local Expert Guide
Oak Alley Plantation Tour with Transportation from New Orleans
Travelers Who Bought This Activity Also Bought
Steamboat Natchez Evening Jazz Cruise with Dinner Option
New Orleans Airboat Ride
Swamp Boat Ride and Oak Alley Plantation Tour from New Orleans