New Orleans Small Group Airboat Swamp Tour
Enjoy a personalized small group experience on this swamp tour just 35 minutes outside of New Orleans. This airboat has a maximum of six or nine passengers giving you plenty of room to admire the views of the Louisiana marshlands from all angles.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mississippi River, LA
Travel along the Mississippi River and arrive at the departure location in Marrero, a 35 minute drive outside of New Orleans.
Stop At: Barataria Preserve, Marrero, LA
You will be introduced to your captain and briefed quickly on procedure inside of the Airboat. Once everyone in the group is prepared to take off you captain will rev the engine.
This particular airport is powered by a 454 Chevy Engine that's capable of accelerating to speeds as high as 35 miles per hour. The boat is propelled by a large fan behind the boat which can deliver wind speeds of over 200 miles per hour. This tour is fast and loud!
Your tour guide will bring you from location to location around the swamp and make frequent stops for you to have encounters with the wildlife. Chances are you'll probably have some reptilian visitors. The alligators have no problems making their way to the side of the boat and showing off for the visitors. After the tour of the swamp is complete you will be returned to the original departure location to make your way back to New Orleans.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Small group swamp airboat tour
- Entry/Admission - Barataria Preserve
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Average 4.95 out of 5 stars based on 86 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities