Small-Group Bayou Airboat Ride with Transport from New Orleans
An airboat tour through Louisiana’s famous swamps is the perfect way to experience the untamed side of New Orleans. Aboard a small airboat, explore marshes and travel deep into secluded bayous as you cruise up to 45 mph (72 kph)! Enjoy the lush scenery, watch for wildlife, and hear entertaining stories and facts from your guide on your roughly 1.5-hour airboat ride. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mississippi River, LA
After pickup from your downtown New Orleans or French Quarter hotel, you’ll drive along the Mississippi River to a remote swamp in Cajun Country, located less than an hour away, for an exciting high-speed airboat tour. On the way, your friendly driver will provide entertaining stories and interesting facts about the region.
Stop At: Bayou Segnette State Park, 7777 Westbank Expy, Westwego, LA 70094-4166
Board a small airboat and relax as your professional airboat captain takes you comfortably through marshes and deep into secluded bayous. On your 1.5-hour (roughly) airboat ride, hold on tight as the airboat reaches speeds of up to 45 mph (72 kph)!
See abundant cypress trees, Louisiana’s state tree, and watch for native wildlife.
After your airboat tour, you’ll return to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Transport by air-conditioned 13-passenger van
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, with exact pick up time provided
- 1.5-hour airboat ride
- Entry/Admission - Bayou Segnette State Park
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- In case of inclement weather, the tour may be shortened, postponed or replaced with a similar tour on a covered boat
- Sunglasses are recommended
- For parties of up to 14 who wish to not be split up, there are 14-passenger airboats available
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Due to the nature of the airboat, children under the age of 5, pregnant women, people with back or neck issues or recent surgeries are not allowed to participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Our tour vans are thoroughly cleaned after each tour, all door handles and interior surfaces wiped down with alcohol-based disinfectant daily. Our driver-guides are fully vaccinated.
Average 4.81 out of 5 stars based on 352 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities