N’awlins Luxury: Double Plantation Whitney & Oak Alley with Transportation
Louisiana has a rich history in plantation farming and this is manifested in the various plantations that are spread across the state. Take a 60 minutes ride down to plantation country in Edgard and Vacherie La, enjoy a full day of guided tours and visit Oak Alley & Whitney Plantation (Whitney PLANTATION IS CLOSE ON TUESDAYS). Duration of the tour is approximately 5.5 hours long (TRAVEL TIME INCLUDED). Once you arrive your guide at Oak Alley plantation will take you on a guided tour throughout the Antebellum Mansion. After your guided tour at Oak Alley Plantation, the day will end with an audio tour of Whitney Museum Plantation.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
Visit Oak Alley Plantation, but before explore the Greek revival home dates back to 1837 enjoy a cajun lunch (at your own expense) located on the grounds, is a restaurant, blacksmith shop, souvenir shop and antique farm equipment. It is a comprehensive plantation experience. The tour of the Oak Alley’s house is conducted by guides in authentic plantation style apparel. Walking is required for this tour. Plantation house to the restaurant and souvenir shop is about one block in distance. Take a seat on the benches along the path, shaded by the Oaks.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Edgard, Edgard, Louisiana
Explore Whitney Plantation Museum, a former indigo and sugar plantation on the River Road now dedicated to promoting an understanding of slavery in Louisiana. Learn about the realities of plantation life through museum exhibits and recorded narratives as you explore the restored structures and historical slave cabins.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 7 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities