Small-Group Tour of Laura and St. Joseph Plantations from New Orleans
Go beyond New Orleans to tour two grand Louisiana plantations on the banks of the Mississippi River. First visit St. Joseph Plantation, a Creole style family-owned working sugar cane plantation. Then take short drive down the Great River Road, admiring other plantations from afar and learning their unique stories. Stop for a photo in front of Oak Alley Plantation's famous oak-lined esplanade before arriving at your last stop, Laura Plantation. Hear personal stories of those who lived there, and explore its sweeping sugarcane fields and historically significant slave quarters. This small-group tour allows a limited number of people to ensure a more personalized attention from your guide.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Small-group tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Pontchartrain, New Orleans, LA
Your trip back in time to the Antebellum South begins with pickup from your New Orleans hotel. Travel with your small group by van along the shores of Lake Ponchartrain as your guide shares facts and stories about plantation culture.
Stop At: St. Joseph Plantation, 3535 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7073
Arrive at St. Joseph Plantation, a Creole style, family-owned working sugar cane plantation since 1877. The one-hour tour gives you a fascinating glimpse into the lives of the many interesting people who have called this plantation 'home.' Many tours are guided by family members themselves. It is a relaxed, intimate visit to an ancestral home, grounds, and dependencies (including original slave cabins). The movie 12 Years A Slave was filmed there.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
Stop for a photo in front of Oak Alley's famous oak-lined esplanade.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-5409
A short ride through sugar cane fields brings you to Laura, a Creole Plantation with historic slave quarters surrounded by sugar cane fields. The guided tour transports you with dramatic detail into the charmed yet tragic lives of four generations of Creole owners and their slaves.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 6 hours (Approx.)
- Transport by air-conditioned 14-passenger van, with exact pick up time provided
- Guided tour of St. Joseph Plantation
- Guided tour of Laura Plantation
- Fun and historical live narration by our great driver-guide to prepare you for your experience
- Entry/Admission - St. Joseph Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies to all children and infants
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Tour cannot accommodate wheelchairs of any kind
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Our tour vans are thoroughly cleaned after each tour, all door handles and interior surfaces wiped down with alcohol-based disinfectant daily.
Average 4.55 out of 5 stars based on 313 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities