Cemetery and Ghost BYOB Bus Tour in New Orleans
Warning! This tour is only for the brave! NOLA Ghost Riders provides the original and finest night-time cemetery tour. This experience gives guests the opportunity to learn about our unique above ground burial procedures and storied past by venturing into actual graveyards after dark. Many have left this experience feeling haunted, or even captured photographs which can only be described as paranormal, so bring your camera!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 3, 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-2902
Landmark cemetery established in 1854 with elaborate above-ground mausoleums, tombs & gravestones.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Hurricane Katrina Memorial, 5056 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70119-5835
On the former site of Charity Hospital’s paupers’ field, this ominous but oddly affecting circle of tombs holds the bodies of 85 unclaimed victims of the 2005 levee failures and the names of others who perished. It’s an unfussy place that’s easily missed, the better for contemplative solitude, perhaps. Surrounded by a storm-shaped series of pathways, the memorial does its duty in giving one substantial pause.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Holt Cemetery, Rosedale Dr, New Orleans, LA 70124
A haunting, yet lovingly hand-hewn potters' field full of graves that flood with each heavy rain. ... In a city that can often feel like one giant necropolis, New Orleans’ Holt Cemetery sets itself apart in that 99 percent of its dead are buried below ground – despite a legendarily high water table
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: City Park, City Park, New Orleans, Louisiana
City Park is as magical and unique as the city of New Orleans. The 1,300-acre outdoor oasis has enchanted New Orleanians since 1854, making it one of the nation’s oldest urban parks. Each year, millions of visitors stroll under the same historic oaks and picturesque moss canopies that served as the backdrop for dances, concerts and even gentlemanly duels or “affaires d’honneur” for generations.
Stop At: Mid City Yacht Club, 440 S St Patrick St, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
The Mid City Yacht Club is a neighborhood bar built in a building that was established as Savaggio’s Grocery store in the mid-1930’s. It just so happened that a friend of the bar owners, Mark Melan, was cruising the neighborhood in a pirogue during hurricane Katrina picking up people from their houses in the days following the storm. As he was riding by the bar in his boat, he jested that “they should name that place the Mid City Yacht Club.”
Restroom break and drink specials.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Masonic Temple Cemetery, 400 City Park Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
Founded in 1865 by the Grand Lodge of the State of Louisiana Free and Accepted Masons, the Masonic Cemetery expresses a character distinct from the Catholic cemeteries that dominate the city. It is known for its many unusual, elaborate tombs, a reputation due in part to the cemetery’s communal nature: members of lodges pooled resources to purchase large group tombs. Occupying two oddly shaped city blocks, the cemetery is triangular in plan, with Conti Street bisecting it. The triangular footprint of the bordering streets overlaid with the cemetery’s angular internal walkways mimics the Masonic emblem of the square and compass. Cast-iron picket fences enclose its two distinct sections, while oak allées line its northern and western edges. Tombs are compactly arranged in rows parallel to Bienville Street, with a wide, paved promenade cutting through the center to provide access to smaller walkways between rows.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Live commentary on board
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Entry/Admission - Masonic Temple Cemetery
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 56 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.45 out of 5 stars based on 86 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: C-64332P4
Similar Tours & Activities