New Orleans Sightseeing Flight
Soar above New Orleans on a 30 or 45 minute sightseeing flight, and enjoy aerial views of the southern city's showstopping sights! While aboard the small sightseeing plane, listen to city tales from the pilot and look out over famous New Orleans neighborhoods such as the French Quarter. The itinerary can be tailored to the sights that the group want to see, but typically flights include views of the impressive Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Port of New Orleans and Mississippi River.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
You will get to see the highlights of the French Quarter as you fly over it on your airplane tour, including Jackson Square, cemeteries, and more.
Pass By: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, 1500 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70112-1216
You will get a great view of both the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and neighboring Smoothie King Center as you fly over New Orleans.
Pass By: Mississippi River, LA
Follow the Mississippi as it winds through New Orleans and see why it’s called the Crescent City.
Stop At: New Orleans Aerial Tours & Flight Training, 5701 Walter Beech St, New Orleans, LA 70126-8021
This is your starting and ending point for your tours, located at Lakefront Airport in New Orleans.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 30 to 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional commercial pilot certified by the FAA with 20,000 hours of combined experience
- Live commentary
- Rental of aviation headset and one new microphone cover per passenger
- Pilot Gratuity
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fuel Surcharges May Apply
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please Note: You must call supplier 12 hours in advance of travel date to confirm flight time.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult. Children age 2 and younger are considered lap children and will be sitting on an adult’s lap. Children under 5 are required to sit in a DOT approved car seat that guests must provide. We do not have a car seat available.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- A maximum of 3 people per booking.
- Dress code is weather dependent; there is no air conditioning in the summer months.
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the aircraft.
- There are no restrooms on board.
- No large bags are allowed on the aircraft, only small purses and bags.
- This tour is not recommended for those who are prone to motion sickness, please take the necessary precautions as refunds will not be provided in matters regarding these situations. Pregnant women are recommended to speak with their physician before flying.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking, the combined weight must not exceed 450 lbs and no individual can exceed 300 lbs.
- Flight time is defined as the time from engine start to engine shutdown. This includes the time it takes to get from the ramp to the runway and back, before and after takeoff and landing.
- Infants must sit on laps
- You will be required to provide photo ID at time of arrival.
- In the event of a unique weather situation, we will reschedule at no charge to you to another date and time within two weeks of the original booking, so please have an alternate date and time in mind. Refunds are not available if a flight must be rescheduled due to weather conditions.
- You will be required to sign a safety waiver before take-off.
- Most travelers can participate
- Fuel surcharges may apply.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Masks available for purchase. Waiver, including COVID-19 liability release, required per guest.
Average 4.91 out of 5 stars based on 32 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities