N’awlins Luxury: Whitney Plantation Tour w/Transportation
Take a 5.5 hours round-trip, down to Plantation Country and explore one plantations. Whitney Museum Plantation: During the 75-minute self-guided audio walking tour, visitors will gain a unique perspective on the lives of the enslaved people on a Louisiana sugar plantation, learning their stories through the real oral histories recorded by the Federal Writers Project during the Depression.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Whitney Plantation, 5099 Highway 18, Wallace, LA 70049-2803
(CLOSE ON TUESDAYS) is on the National Register of Historic Places, the site includes the last surviving example of a true French Creole Barn, what is believed to be the oldest detached kitchen in Louisiana, and the Big House, considered the earliest and best preserved raised Creole cottage in Louisiana, all built by slaves. With the original structures nestled in a working sugar cane field, visitors are sure to marvel at the authentic representation presented at Whitney. Through these restored buildings, museum exhibits, memorial artwork and thousands of first-person slave narratives, Whitney Plantation gives a voice and respect to the slaves, who lived, worked, and died here.
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Whitney Plantation
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Please provide hotel pickup information.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities