Garden District New Orleans Food & History Tour
Home to historic mansions, hauntingly beautiful cemeteries and giant oak trees, this district is the romance of New Orleans. During walks between stops, hear about culture, traditions, architecture and have history fun! (PLEASE NOTE: currently, the cemetery is closed for repairs- we'll still be able to see into the cemetery and discuss the history. I supplement the walking tour to see some of the mansions and historic homes the Garden District is known for). Then it's on to the food at 3 stops- a neighborhood favorite for a taste of our Italian-Creole roots, hear Cajun history through sausage and finish with the Creole history of chicory over cafe au lait and filled beignets! All curated food, cocktails/beer, taxes & tip are included in your ticket so you can sit back and relax! Will accommodate allergies/dietary restrictions if told in advance. Menu & food stops are subject to availability.
Other things to note: Tour is all weather, wear comfy walking shoes & bring a face mask.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lafayette Cemetery No.1, Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130
Learn about our unique above ground burials and rich funeral traditions
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Garden District, Garden District, New Orleans, Louisiana
Beautiful mansions and architecture
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 to 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 11:00 AM
- Return Details: The Vintage, 3121 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70115, USA
- Local taxes
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Lafayette Cemetery No.1
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We accommodate allergies and dietary restrictions if we are made aware of them 48 hrs in advance. Children and teens welcome- please let us know 48 hrs in advance if anyone is under 21 so we can accommodate.
- Requires walking
- Check Covid requirements - failure to bring mandated proof of vaccination or negative PCR test considered a non-refundable cancellation since venues can deny entry to any guest.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We follow city mandates for face mask requirements, so be sure to bring your mask with you to the tour- we do not provide masks to guests.
Average 3.75 out of 5 stars based on 4 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?