Full Day Oak Alley Plantation and Swamp Boat Tour from New Orleans
On this full-day tour, you'll be driven to the Oak Alley Plantation House, then see the Cajuns of the bayou living and surviving in harmony with the swamps. Located about an hour and a half outside the city of New Orleans, Oak Alley is one of the most magnificent plantation tours because of the 28, evenly spaced, huge Oak Trees that go from the river road to the Plantation House. Experience bayou living where here, the waterways are their highways. From the relaxed comfort of our covered New Orleans Swamp Tour Boats, you will drift slowly past a 2000 year old Indian Burial Mound, a Cajun cemetery and Fishing village! You may see the wildlife that made the Barataria Swamps the Crown Jewel of the Louisiana Purchase.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
Oak Alley Plantation Tour: The Greek revival home dates back to 1837. Located on the grounds, is a restaurant, blacksmith shop, souvenir shop and antique farm equipment. It is a comprehensive plantation experience. The tour of the Oak Alley’s house is conducted by guides in authentic plantation style apparel. Walking is required for this tour. Plantation house to the restaurant and souvenir shop is about one block in distance. There are benches along the path, shaded by the Oaks.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Barataria Preserve, Marrero, LA
The New Orleans swamp tour boats are fully narrated and our captains are natives of the Barataria Swamps with a background of gator hunting, fishing and trapping. They will entertain you and amaze you with the ecology of the swampland. They have lived the life! Here, birds, snakes, turtles, fur animals, and gators are the kings of the swamp and easily spotted in spring, summer, and fall. Gators do hibernate during the cold winter months, but lay on the bayou banks on warmer days. So even in Winter, our native Captains can sometimes find a sunning Gator on our tour. The slow drift of our tour boats through moss draped trees and small waterways, will provide ample opportunity for viewing and photography. Your comfort is guaranteed on our tour boats. They have a roof, restroom, cushioned seats, and windows that can be raised or lowered during cold or rainy weather, along with plenty of standing and walking room. These tours are entertaining, educational and exciting.
Duration: 4 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Departs from your New Orleans Hotel indicated on your reservation. Please confirm hotel pick up point/time with local tour operator.Return point: Returns to original departure point (approx. 4:45pm)
- Duration: 8 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:15 AM
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Barataria Preserve
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved at Oak Alley
- Hotel information and valid contact number required at time of booking.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Most of the house & trails are wheel chair accessible. Foldable wheelchairs are convenient for movement around the grounds and in the plantation house.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.44 out of 5 stars based on 39 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: COOL-15200P9
Similar Tours & Activities