New Orleans Cocktail and Food History Tour
Combining the history of Louisiana cuisine and New Orleans-style cocktails, this event is a feast for the senses!
Along with your guide you will visit up 6 locations: award-winning seafood restaurants, James Beard Award-nominated craft cocktail lounges, Creole restaurants, artisanal candy stores and more.
Once inside you’ll sample up to 9 or more different dishes that represent the modern expressions of our culinary heritage: classic dishes like gumbo, and muffulettas, but also new interpretations like savory fried plantains and curried pork skins!
We'll also enjoy 4 full-sized cocktails like the refreshing Pimm's Cup, the rum-heavy Hurricane, the classic Daiquiri and more!
This 4-hour gastronomic odyssey is our way of showing you where we like to go now, and what we like to eat and drink once we're there.
With so many dining and drinking options in New Orleans, why not try up to 6 different places in one fell swoop?!
Note: all venues subject to change based on availability.
- All-inclusive tour
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
The walking tour begins inside the award-winning Red Fish Grill in the French Quarter neighborhood of New Orleans. You will begin with two dishes: Alligator Sausage & Seafood Gumbo with freshly baked Leidenheimer French bread. We also kick the party off with our first cocktail here: the Cat 5 Hurricane. This part of the tour focuses historically on the colonial period of Louisiana history, and usually lasts about 35 minutes.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Pepper Palace, 224 Chartres St 1 French Market Place, New Orleans, LA 70130-2290
Moving four blocks down you will enter Pepper Palace, where we begin to discuss the Cajun influence, and sample an unlimited variety of hot sauces, BBQ sauces, Buffalo Wings sauces, salsas, dry rubs and more. Customers on the tour will also receive a free bottle of Louisiana-style hot sauce.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
From there you move 4 blocks up to Leah’s Pralines: a 3rd generation family-owned candy store. You will sample traditional pralines and their unique Bacon Pecan Brittle.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
The next stop is two blocks away and known as the Napoleon House, a legendary New Orleans restaurant in an 18th century building with a beautiful courtyard. You will experience their unique Muffuletta sandwich, chicken & andouille sausage jambalaya, and their iconic Pimm's Cup cocktail, a drink introduced to the Americas by the Napoleon House in the 1940's.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
Three more blocks over and you will arrive at the award-winning Dickie Brennan’s Tableau to sip your next cocktail: the refreshing French 75, a combo of fresh lemon, brandy and bubbles.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70116
From there you pass through famous Jackson Square towards Café du Monde, then along the French Market area, ultimately landing at the James Beard Award-nominated Cane & Table. With a focus on rustic colonial cuisine and playful rum drinks, you will sample plantains and curry pork skins, and a classic daiquiri of Caribbean white rum, fresh lime and sugar.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 2:00 PM
- Return Details: Cane and Table, 1113 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
- Food tasting
- This tour does NOT have a gluten-free, vegetarian, and especially PORK-FREE option.
- Please notify us of any food allergies (not aversions) during check-out
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 21 years
- All venues are subject to change based on availability
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This tour does NOT have a gluten-free, vegan/vegetarian, and especially PORK-FREE option
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
Average 4.93 out of 5 stars based on 61 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities