New Orleans Jazz Tour with Live Music and a Beer
Few cities rival New Orleans’ nightlife thanks to its thrilling music scene. From authentic dixieland to big brass and every other jazz style in between, live music options are endless in the city that gave birth to the coolest genre in music. Hear about the origins and culture of jazz before making your way to the 19th century neighborhood that boasts the best music and bars in town. We’ll visit a few of our favorite local clubs, enjoy a beer and discover the talents of some of the city’s best local musicians. There’s nothing quite like a night out in ‘The Big Easy.’
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Louis Armstrong Park, 901 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3086
Our music tour of New Orleans begins just outside the French Quarter at the historic and beautiful Louis Armstrong Park in the Tremé neighborhood. Within the park, we will talk about the historical origins of jazz and discuss one of the jazz greats, Armstrong himself.
Pass By: Frenchmen Street, New Orleans, LA 70116
We'll begin to make our way to the popular Marigny neighborhood, named after the nobleman and good-time guy of the same name. Updated for modern thirsts, Marigny is a hip nightlife area that appeals to New Orleanians and visitors alike. Your guide will lead the way, making sure to point out a few popular local music and nightlife haunts along the way.
Soon we will arrive at the famous Frenchmen Street, the largest concentration of live music venues in the city. Your guide will take you inside one of his/her favorites for a beer on us (you’re very welcome to purchase additional beverages if you want them).
In New Orleans, there’s always the opportunity for an element of surprise. We’ll be on the lookout for impromptu street performances, which always make the night special. And if the timing and mood is right, we’ll get behind the scenes with one of the bands in between sets.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 5:00 PM
- Return Details: 619 Frenchmen St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
- Local English-speaking guide
- One beer
- Additional drinks
- Tips/gratuities for your guide and the musicians
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers under 21 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- By joining this tour, you will be helping to contribute to the livelihoods of local musicians in the jazz clubs we visit, allowing them to earn a decent wage and continue doing what they love to do.
- As of Monday, August 16, 2021: ALL guests will be required to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results in order to join their tour, as ordered by the City of New Orleans. Please visit ready.nola.gov/covid for more information.
- Most travelers can participate
- As of January 12, 2022, the City of New Orleans has reinstated the indoor mask mandate for everyone ages 2+. For more information on this mandate, please follow this link: ready.nola.gov/restrictions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- As of Monday, August 16, 2021: ALL guests will be required to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results in order to join their tour, as ordered by the City of New Orleans. As of January 12, 2022, the City of New Orleans has reinstated the indoor mask mandate for everyone ages 2+.
Average 4.45 out of 5 stars based on 20 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities