Oak Alley and Laura Plantation Tour with Transportation from New Orleans
Tour both Oak Alley and Laura Plantation during one trip. This day trip from New Orleans is perfect for the traveler looking to see two pieces of history in the same day with transportation included from New Orleans.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Likely to Sell Out
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great River Road, Louisiana
Tour both Oak Alley and Laura Plantation during one trip. Travel to and fro along the Great River Road in a climate controlled mini bus with air suspension for a comfortable ride.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-5409
Laura, A Creole Plantation has a rich and unique history, from the home itself to the women that ran it. Uniquely enough, the plantation is now named after one of those very women. You will get to tour this over 200 year old sugarcane plantation. This tour will include a walk through of the main house as well as the slave quarters.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
Oak Alley is an antebellum plantation known for its stunning 300 year old alley of oak trees. This plantation was built in 1839 and faces the Mississippi river. These unique tree formations and the beautiful grounds in combination with the colorful history make this a must see destination while you are in New Orleans.
After both locations have been visited you will be dropped off back in downtown New Orleans locations.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans, 300 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:45 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Pickup and drop off outside of Doubletree Hotel (300 Canal St.) ONLY
- Entry/Admission - Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 33 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Average 4.42 out of 5 stars based on 59 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
These tours were educational and a genuine pleasure. Our guide at Laura Plantation was a true storyteller!
The history at Laura was EXTRAORDINARY! Our guide was highly informed and shared in a manner we could all keep up with! Oak Alley was beautiful but the lack of original furnishings and history was lackluster.
Being able to see a part of our past was incredible. The staff at both plantations were friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend to any history buffs.
amazing! highly recommended
A great tour with super knowledgeable staff. The plantation staff were so passionate! It’s a must-do tour for anyone to help understand the checkered history of the south.
I appreciated that they accommodated our need for a different pick up site. Was very impressed with the guides at each house. You could tell they were passionate about the history and saving the stores of. These houses.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: COOL-6953P6
Similar Tours & Activities