Oak Alley and Laura Plantation Tour from New Orleans
The Oak Alley plantation tour is one of the most magnificent plantation tours near New Orleans because of the 28 evenly spaced, huge Oak Trees that stretch from River Road to the Plantation House. Located on the ground is a restaurant, blacksmith shop, Souvenir Shop and antique farm equipment. You'll tour the house and have extra time to explore.
The Laura Plantation tour near New Orleans is considered by many as the best historical plantation tour in the Mississippi Valley. Four women ran the plantation over 60 years using slave labor. You will get to view and enter the 1840’s slave quarters as part of this tour. You will hear stories of all aspects of the plantation life.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
Tour includes entrance fee, 35 minute guided tour, and self guided portion where you can explore the grounds.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-5409
This tour includes entrance fees into plantation and guided tour.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
Pick Up is between 10:30 am and 11:00 am. We pick up at most New Orleans Area hotels.
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:30 AM
- Hotel pickup from New Orleans Hotels
- Hotel drop-off
- Transportation to and from attractions
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.63 out of 5 stars based on 19 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Great! Interesting and informative! The tour guides were informative and passionate-i would definitely recommend it!
Would recommend this trip. Both tours guides were very knowledgable.
Everything about this tour was fantastic - from the transportation to the tour guides. Oak Alley Plantation was more about putting you in the time and telling you about it. The tour guides wear period dress and talk almost as if they know the characters. The Laura Plantation tour is more about Creole history and facts. Both tour guides were very passionate about their subject and you can tell they are concerned about the preservation of the history of this part of Louisiana.
What an eye opener! Great guide!
Very interesting tour with two very different plantations. Guides knew the history and a young fellow at tha Laura just radiated a love of what he was doing.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: COOL-15200P8
Similar Tours & Activities