Live Jazz From the French Quarter
Few cities rival New Orleans’ nightlife thanks to its thrilling music scene. From authentic dixieland to big brass and every other jazz style in between, live music options are endless in the city that gave birth to the coolest genre in music.
On this walking tour of the Vieux Carre, the French Quarter, you’ll hear about the origins and culture of jazz while making your way through the oldest neighborhood in NOLA.
Along the way, we’ll share the history of Bourbon Street and the residential and commercial places where blues and jazz collaborators came to make incredible music. We may pass by Preservation Hall, a venue that brought people of all backgrounds together, even in times of segregation. We may even catch a busker performing at the historic French Market!
We’ll then visit a jazz club and enjoy a drink together. By joining this tour, you will be helping to contribute to the livelihoods of local musicians, allowing them to earn a decent wage and continue doing what they love!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana
Your tour takes place in the heart of historic New Orleans, home to jazz clubs, the famous Bourbon Street, and beautiful Italianate-style architecture.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: New Orleans Jazz Museum, 400 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70116-2015
Your tour starts outside this museum dedicated to preserving the history and stories of the music of the South.
Pass By: French Market, 1008 N Peters St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3406
This farmers market with eateries and oftentimes live music is one of the oldest of its kind in the United States!
Pass By: Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
Almost everyone is familiar with this famous New Orleans street lined with bars and other nightlife activities!
Pass By: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
You'll pass by this historic square known for its role in the 1803 Louisiana Purchase and home to both the iconic statue of Andrew Jackson and Saint Louis Cathedral.
Pass By: Preservation Hall, 726 St. Peter Street, New Orleans, LA 70116-3182
You'll pass by this historic and prestigious music venue where musicians have delighted crowds since 1961.
Pass By: The Historic New Orleans Collection, 533 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70130-2179
You'll pass by this museum and research center dedicated to educating the public about the history and culture of New Orleans and the Gulf South region.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6:00 PM
- Return Details: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA, USA
- Alcoholic Beverages - (either alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- Additional food and drink, souvenirs, tips for the musicians, gratuities for your guide.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities