Laura Plantation Tour with Transportation from New Orleans
Discover the Mississippi Valley's historic but turbulent past at Laura Plantation on this guided, 5.5-hour tour from New Orleans. Laura Plantation is a restored, Louisiana Creole plantation on the west bank of the Mississippi River near Vacherie. The plantation was run by four Creole women, most notably Laura, for whom it is named. See unique architecture, colorful gardens, and sugar cane fields, and hear stories about all aspects of plantation life along the way. Round-trip transportation and plantation entry fee included.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great River Road, Louisiana
On this 5.5-hour tour, begin with a hotel pickup, followed by a 75-minute drive to the Laura Plantation in Vacherie. Along the way, listen to stories of all aspects of the plantation life
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-5409
On this 5.5-hour tour, begin with a hotel pickup, followed by a 75-minute drive to the Laura Plantation in Vacherie. Along the way, listen to stories of all aspects of the plantation life.
The Laura Plantation tour is considered by many in the tour industry as the best historical plantation tour in the Mississippi Valley. The plantation was run by four Creole women, most notably a woman named Laura, for whom the plantation is named. The women ran the plantation for more than 60 years, using slave labor to do it. See and explore the slave quarters, and discover the unique architecture of the manor house, the colorful gardens, and the sugar cane fields. The house was nearly destroyed by fire back in 2003, but it was rebuilt to the original design using building materials from antique homes. The rebuilding process is a story in itself. The tour concludes with a return trip to New Orleans and a hotel drop-off.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from most New Orleans Hotels other than what is listed. Please enter your hotel at time of booking. If we do not pick up from the location you are providing, you will receive a phone call or email of an alternate possibility.
- Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:15 AM
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- House tour is 80 minutes
- Please specify which hotel and leave a valid cell phone number during booking process
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.62 out of 5 stars based on 13 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Excellent. Real insight into plantation life. Would recommend
Very informative and interesting!
Very knowledgeable and passionate tour guide - an excellent way to gain an insight into the lives and conditions of the plantation owners, their families and slaves. Transport from hotel to main bus was quite good. Bus from New Orleans to the plantation was not as comfortable as expected for the time spent on board.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: COOL-15200P13
Similar Tours & Activities