Hermann-Grima House Courtyard Tour
Step inside the garden walls at the Hermann-Grima House to tour the stable courtyard and main courtyard. This self-guided tour features stops throughout the spaces that were central to everyday life in the bustling 19th century household, including the workrooms where enslaved women and men would have worked and lived.
Visit: Hermann-Grima House, 820 Saint Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70112-3416
This self-guided tour includes stops in both the stable courtyard and the main courtyard of the historic Hermann-Grima House. Discover a classic French Quarter courtyard that was as beautiful as it was functional in the 19th century. Guided stops include courtyard features as well as the open workrooms in the bottom of the slave quarters building: wine room, scullery, open hearth kitchen, and ironing room. The courtyard gardens remain in their original layout and include historically-accurate trees and flowering shrubs, acting as a respite from busy French Quarter life. Step back in time as you learn about all who lived and worked at this microcosm of 19th century New Orleans life.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Entry/Admission - Hermann-Grima House
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Still have questions?
We’re here to help.
Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: C-177156P3
Similar Tours & Activities