Destrehan Plantation and Swamp Tour Combo from New Orleans
Combine two excellent New Orleans day trips with this 6-hour experience visiting Destrehan Plantation and going on a swamp tour. This Plantaiton is the closest Plantation to the Fench Quarter. Visit the 1787 Antebellum housein the Mississippi Valley, including an 1811 slave revolt museum/cabin on the grounds along with its massive oak trees. Next take a swamp tour in the bayou to look for alligators, turtles, snakes, and other wildlife. The Plantation house tour is limited to 20 persons in each group and the average guided house tour will be about 1 hour. Overall you spend about 1 hour 30 minutes at the Destrehan Plantation grounds and house tour.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Destrehan Plantation, 13034 River Rd, Destrehan, LA 70047-5202
Pick-up begins at 8:15am with a short 30 minute ride to Destrehan Plantation. Transportation is provided by our sister company “Alert Transportation.” The driver goes hotel to hotel for the pick-up service. We ask that you allow us up to 30 minutes for the pick-up which will be curbside of your hotel. While taking the Destrehan Plantation tour, you will be viewing the oldest standing Plantation in the Mississippi Valley that is surrounded by majestic, 300 year old Oak Trees. The house has been beautifully restored to its original glory. The Destrehan Plantation house tour is approximately 1 hour and is given by professional tour guides that will enlighten and entertain you on this trip through history. A Slave Quarter museum is a part of your tour of the plantation grounds. That will give you 20 minutes after the tour to walk around the grounds and take some pictures.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Barataria Preserve, Marrero, LA
The Swamp Tour by Tour Boat leaves the dock at about 12:10pm and returns about 1:50pm. On this tour, you will enjoy a fully narrated swamp tour by one of our local captains in the comfort of a covered swamp tour boat. Our tour boats feature a roof, cushioned seats, windows that can be raised or lowered for the weather, restroom, and plenty of standing and walking room. You will enjoy close encounters with the indigenous swamp life as you learn about what it is like to live in the Louisiana swamps. You will return to your hotel around 2:45pm depending on traffic.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup will be between 8:15 am and 8:45 am.
- Duration: 6 hours 15 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:30 AM
- Hotel pickup: please list hotel you are being picked up from.
- Hotel drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Destrehan Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Barataria Preserve
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.30 out of 5 stars based on 10 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
Excellent tour, excellent guides, and the pace was just right. Highly recommended.
Enjoyed the history of the Destrehan Plantation as well as learning about the 1811 slave revolt. Swamp tour- we did the covered flat boar instead of the airboat due to my husband's back. It was awesome. Our guide Rocky was great. Had a chance to hold a 2 month old baby gator, a 2 year 2 foot gator and was able to pet the 6 footer he brought up to and on the boat. Highly recommend it.
Wonderful visit at the plantation. Wish we had longer to wander the plantations. Thought the swamp visit would include more of a tour of the swamp area and to learn about the vegetation and the area.
It was still fun to look at the gators and feed them.
The pick up service at the hotel was nice.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: COOL-15200P16
Similar Tours & Activities