Combo Oak Alley or Laura Plantation and Swamp Boat Tour
After a New Orleans hotel pickup, relax on board an enclosed, air-conditioned bus to the Plantation of your choice. You will be given a guided tour through the main house and some time to walk the grounds .
You will then take a short ride and your at the swamps. Your invited to join us for an educational journey back to the early days of Louisiana bayou and swamp explorations.
Swamp creatures, seeing our boats daily, recognize them as part of their normal environment. Unafraid and responsive to their boat captain's call, they peak out from underbrush and between moss-draped trees and shrubs, frequently coming directly to the boat. In the safety and comfort of the boat, you can actually come within a few feet of jumping alligators.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Southern Style Tours, New Orleans, LA 70116
After a New Orleans hotel pickup, relax on board an enclosed, air-conditioned minibus for a short ride (about 35 mins) to the swamps.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
One of two plantation options. A powerful testimony to the rich history of the antebellum south, Oak Alley invites visitors to explore all facets of her plantation past. The Slavery at Oak Alley exhibit, Civil War exhibit, Sugarcane Theater and Big House offer an experience as compelling as the plantation’s 25 historic acres and 300 year old allee of oaks.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-5409
One of two plantation options. Go beyond the myths of the American South at Laura Plantation, where intimate, first-hand accounts explore the lives of four generations of one Louisiana Creole family, both free and enslaved. Laura’s new, permanent exhibit examines in biographical detail the lives of Africans on the plantation, from enslavement into the 20th century. In the heart of Plantation Country only 50 minutes from New Orleans, the fully guided experience includes the Big House, gardens & original 1840s slave cabins. Laura is open daily from 9:30AM - 5PM except for major holidays. The first tour of the day begins at 10AM with tours beginning approximately every 40 minutes thereafter until the last tour of the day at 4PM. Before or after your Laura tour, enjoy authentic, homestyle Cajun and Creole food at B&C Seafood Market and Cajun Restaurant right next door.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bayou Segnette State Park, 7777 Westbank Expy, Westwego, LA 70094-4166
During the swamp tour portion, discover the beauty of a true Cypress swamp. See alligators, turtles, birds, and other wildlife in its naturally habit. Your tour will depart from Bayou Segnette; a traditional seafood trading center.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
Most Uptown and Downtown hotels
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Southern Style Tours
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, an alternative or full refund will be offered
- Most travelers can participate
- Masks are required for tour guides
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Bus capacity is 50% with a limit of 14 participants
Average 3.86 out of 5 stars based on 7 verified reviews from Cool New Orleans and TripAdvisor
We loved visiting the beautiful Oak Alley plantation and drinking their mint juleps! The swamp boat tour was alot of fun looking for alligators, we found about 13! We went to the Mona Lisa bar just down the street from the swamp tour for bevies while waiting for bus. The people were so friendly in there. All around great trip!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814 COOL to speak with a Destination Specialist
Product code: COOL-8013P10
Similar Tours & Activities